Returns & Exchanges
Last updated: 25 June 2020
Considering a return or an exchange? It sounds like we owe you a “thank you” for ordering from Zookal in the first place! Nothing makes us happier than a legion of happy customers and as such we promise to do our very best to deliver an amazing customer experience every step of the way, including fixing any hiccups!
Read our full returns, exchanges, refunds and cancellations policy below or use the quick links listed here to jump to the section you are interested in. More information on returns & exchanges is also available in our FAQ:
Returned items must be sent back to us and received in original, re-salable condition (except for damaged and faulty items). Read our packaging tips to make sure your items travel back to us safely.
Did you order an item by error? We are happy for you to return textbooks to us within 14 days of the delivery date as long as items are received at Zookal in their original condition. Once received, we will assess the condition of your items and once approved, release a store credit for you to spend on this website.
Change of Mind
- If you drop a course or simply no longer require a textbook, you may return the item to us in its original state within 4 business days from the delivery date. You can elect to receive a full refund or store credit. However, please note that past that delay we will only be able to extend a store credit. Please contact us to lodge a return.
Incorrect, Damaged or Faulty Items
- We take every precaution to ensure that our pick-and-pack process is as accurate as possible and that products delivered to you are securely packaged to arrive in perfect condition. However, on rare occasions, you may receive an item incorrectly or one that has been damaged during transit.
- If you have received an item that is incorrect, damaged or faulty, we require notification within 5 business days from the date the delivery was made. We will require evidence of the issue and may require you to return the item for assessment.
- Should you have received a faulty, damaged or incorrect item, we will ship back the correct item at no additional cost.
Please contact our friendly Customer Support team to organise a Return Authorisation. This will allow us to send you a postage label to return the item free of charge to you.
Refunds on Textbooks
- Please allow up to 10 working days from the date we receive your item(s) back for your return to be processed in full to your original payment method. Once your return has been processed, you will receive a notification to the email address you provided to place your order. While we do our best to keep our order processing as efficient as possible, please note that during busy periods, you may experience a slight delay due to higher sales volume.
- Delayed and lost-in-transit items
- Any shipment that is delayed or lost in transit by our shipping carriers will be replaced at no cost to you. You may also choose to get a store credit including delivery fees. If we are unable to source a replacement copy, a refund will be processed for the unavailable title(s). Please contact us within six weeks of placing your order if you have not received your order.
Refunds on eTextbooks
You can request a refund on eTextbook purchases within 14 calendar days of the original purchase date based on the following (please note that some exceptions may apply):
- No more than 20% of the total eTexbook content has been viewed and/or printed.
- Access codes that may have been included in your eTextbook purchase to view online resources has NOT been used.
- You have not already requested and received a refund for that eTextbook title. If you purchase the same eTextbooks again, please note that you will not be eligible for a refund on that eTextbook.
Exceptions apply to the following publishers: Cengage Unlimited, Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, HarperCollins Christian and Hachette Digital. Please refer to our FAQ article to learn more about exceptions relative to those publishers.
Refunds on Backorders
- Any title that has been on backorder for 120 days (i.e. 4 months) or longer is eligible for a full refund or store credit. This excludes titles in transit from the supplier past that delay. On rare occasions where we may encounter difficulties to source a title from a supplier, we will proceed to a full refund. An email notification will be sent to the email address you supplied to us at the time of placing your order to inform you. Refunds usually take 2-3 business days to be processed back to your original payment method.
Cancelling your order
Should you need to cancel an order for whatever reason, please contact our Customer Support team as soon as possible. If your order has not been processed and has not yet shipped, we will attempt to cancel your order and provide you with a confirmation within 24 hours on business days. If your order has shipped, we will refund your order as soon as we have received the items in their original condition and processed them in our system.