Fountas and Pinnell Literacy™: an enhanced edition of their Phonics Lessons entitled Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study System, Grade K
This edition offers:
- Revised minilessons that are driven by the principles from the new Fountas & Pinnell Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide and the new Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum, Expanded Edition
- Online Resources for complete and convenient access to teaching materials organised by lesson
- Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study System Ready Resources for pre-printed and assembled teaching materials
- Four-colour interior
- Convenient folders with labels for organising materials by lesson and month
- A copy of the Fountas & Pinnell Comprehensive Phonics, Spelling, and Word Study Guide
- A copy of Sing a Song of Poetry.
Each of the nine Categories of Learning are represented in the lessons. As the lessons are implemented, teachers will not only learn more about children’s development of wordsolving strategies but also gain invaluable insight into the English linguistic system. The goal is for teachers to feel confident in building their own sequence of explicit lessons that moves students systematically toward a flexible and powerful range of strategies. The minilessons within the system are designed so that as teachers use them, they will always consider the child.